看板 NBA
Inside Mike Dunleavy Jr.’s second season and the Warriors’ chase for the next big fish https://reurl.cc/VMbzan 勇士記者Anthony Slater出了一篇文分系勇士總管 Mike Dunleavy Jr這個暑假的操盤 裡面有一段有講勇士這個暑假交易的變動脈絡 When Dunleavy laid out the blueprint to Curry and Green, Utah Jazz forward Lauri Markkanen wasn’t Plan B. He was a subsection of Plan A. The Warriors wanted both wings — believing George’s opt-out threat would allow them to protect the required assets to entice Utah Jazz CEO Danny Ainge, and Markkanen ’s reasonable $18 million returning salary could make the financials work. “The conversation was always about that possibility,” Green said. “You get both of those guys, you make a huge splash. But the Clippers weren’t really willing to play ball. Then Danny Ainge was being Danny Ainge.” 當Dunleavy對Curry跟Green展現他的建隊藍圖時,Lauri Markkanen並不是所謂的計畫B, 而是計畫A的一部分,勇士本來想要同時得到兩名前鋒,他們認為Georfe可能跳出的 風險可以讓他們保留需要的資產來跟Danny Ainge談交易,然後Lauri Markkanen年僅18M 的合約也能讓交易運作 "對話總是圍繞這這種可能性",Green說 "如果得到這兩人,就能有巨大的影響,但快艇並沒有意願合作,然後Ainge一如往常的很 Ainge" If George had been in tow, perhaps the Warriors would’ve unloaded everything left in the cupboard for Markkanen — all the first-rounders, second-rounders, swaps and young players the Jazz requested. Contention would ’ve been a reasonable expectation. But without George, it’s clear the Warriors didn’t like the price considering the return on investment. That’s what Dunleavy relayed to Kerr in that pre-free-agency meeting at Casa Del Mar. 如果勇士拿到George,或勇士會All in他們的首輪,二輪跟爵士要求的年輕球員,畢竟這 種情況下拚冠是合理的做法 但沒有George,勇士隊並不喜歡這筆交易的投資報酬率,這也是Dunleavy 在自由市場會面 的時候跟Kerr說的 “Mike is very sensible,” Kerr said. “He just said to me, ‘It doesn’t make sense to sell your entire future for a team that you think can be pretty good, but isn’t awesome, right?’ Especially at this stage with the ages of our stars.” "Mike非常的理智"Kerr說 "他告訴我,為了一個還不錯,但不夠好的球隊賣掉你球隊的整個未來並不合理,尤其是 當你的核心球員年紀已經偏大的情況下。" Dunleavy put it this way at his pre-camp news conference: “There’s no point in going all in to be slightly above average.” Dunleavy也在訓練營的時候重述了這個觀點 "如果只是為了稍微變好而梭哈,這完全沒意義。" Three weeks later, in the same room that Dunleavy delivered that quote, controlling owner Lacob is reminded of the framing. 過了三週後,勇士對老闆Lacob也提到他有聽到這說法 “I saw where he said that,” Lacob said. 我看到了他說什麼什麼,Lacob說 Lacob is perpetually outward about his ambition and optimism, so it isn’t the easiest thing to concede that, even with a large summer swing, this Warriors team still wouldn’t have been good enough. “Well, here’s the issue,” Lacob said. “You’ve heard me say and you’ve heard him say: Making trades is really hard in this league. And often you have to overpay. We know that. But when you say all in, I mean in one of the situations that was a trade that you’re alluding to, ALL IN should have been in capital letters.” All the firsts, seconds, swaps, Brandin Podziemski, Jonathan Kuminga and Moses Moody. Lacob對外總是以樂觀的態度表達他對球隊的雄心壯志,所以要承認經過一個暑假變動後 的勇士並不夠好對老闆來說並不容易 "這個嗎,問題在這裡"Lacob說 "你有聽過或其他人都說過,達成交易在這聯盟並不容易,然後你常常會被迫要付出過高 的代價,但當你說了梭哈,當你在某個交易說你要梭哈的時候,All IN這幾個字應該要用 大寫來表達 全部的首輪 二輪 Brandin Podziemski, Jonathan Kuminga跟Moses Moody. “So that term is important,” Lacob said. “It’s not just a term. That was something we tried hard to do. If you’re going to get the guy you want, you can do that. We’ve done it before. We did it with (Kevin Durant). We had to gut half the roster if you recall. So if it’s the right move, we’re willing to go quote ‘capital A capital L capital L’ all in. But you can only do that once, so you’d better be right.” "因為這個詞是相當重要的,這並不僅僅是一個詞,而是代表我們需要全力以赴的去爭取的 ,如果你想要得到某個你想要的球員,你可以這樣做(梭哈),我們之前為了KD做過, 我們拆了我們一半的球員,所以如果那是對的決定,我們願意全力拚一次,但你只能拚 一次,所以你最好得做對" 中間有一段講Dunleavy的領導特質,Kerr說他能處理艱難的決定之類的 但有一段是Curry對沒有梭哈這件事情也蠻坦然的 Perhaps the most difficult — or at least most delicate — conversations of Dunleavy’s summer came with Curry. The Warriors indirectly walked Thompson out the door, weren’t able to get Curry the second established scorer he craved and pivoted into a patient approach months before Curry’s 37th birthday, all while convincing him to add an extra year onto his contract. 對Dunleavy來說暑假最困難的就是要跟Curry對話,Thompson的離去,無法為Curry找 到他希望的第二得分點,並在Curry的37歲生日前達成了他的續約,並且希望Curry能夠 有耐心 “He’s just honest,” Curry said of Dunleavy. “The same way Bob was. I always say I just want to see effort and an aggressive nature.” "他很誠實"Curry談到Dunleavy,"這也是過去Bob的作,我總是說我只是想看到努力跟積 極的態度。" Dunleavy plotted the George recruitment with Curry. He kept him up to date on any material Markkanen development. They discussed other names that both agreed didn’t move the needle. Curry and Green have always been De’Anthony Melton fans. Melton said the Warriors’ front office was in his agent’s office within 20 minutes of free agency starting. Dunleavy跟Curry一起招募了George,兩人也一起追蹤了Markkanen交易的進展,也討論了 幾個名字但雙方也同意並無法改變現狀,Curry跟Green一直以來都是De’Anthony Melton的粉絲,Melton說當自由市場開始20分鐘後勇士就打給了他的經紀人 Don’t mistake Curry’s understanding with a lack of urgency. He’s still in a sturdy alliance with the organization because he trusts Dunleavy similar to how he trusted Myers and he’s been led to believe that they will strike — using future picks and other necessary sacrifices — to maximize the next couple of seasons if the right trade materializes. 不要誤以為Curry對球隊的理解代表他缺乏緊迫性,他跟球隊的關係仍然很穩固,因為他 信任Dunleavy,就跟他當初信任Myers一樣,而且Curry也被告知,如果合適的交易對象出 現,勇士會願意去砸選秀權跟需要的資產來最大化接下來的幾個賽季 “Yeah, but nobody knows what that means until there’s an opportunity or you assess what this team is,” Curry said. "是的,但直到合適的機會,或是你可以正確的評估球隊的情況時,沒人知道那代表什麼 意思。"Curry說 In the last couple of months, the Warriors and Minnesota Timberwolves had a conversation about Karl Anthony-Towns, league sources said, but it didn’t go anywhere. The Timberwolves targeted a specific package from the New York Knicks that the Warriors didn’t possess. There’s no other obvious big name immediately available as the regular season arrives. 在過去幾個月,勇是有跟灰狼商討過KAT的交易但沒進展,灰狼選了紐約開出來,但勇士 沒辦法給的明確包裹,隨著賽季即將開始,目前暫時沒有其他明星球員是可以被交易的 “I just think the biggest thing for me is, as a player, when you’re dealing with a GM, there are material moments throughout the year that you want to have an alignment,” Curry said. “Come New Year, I may have a check-in. Come trade deadline, I might have a check-in. Come offseason, I have a check-in. The rest of the time it’s his job to go maintain relationships and keep an eye on the league. It’s my job to go hoop.” "我認為對我來說最重要的,以一個球員來說,當你在跟GM商討的時候,會有幾個重要的時 刻你們希望雙方的想法是一致的,當來到新的一年,我可能會找他一起聊天了解情況,交 易大限前,我可能會再次去找他聊天確認情況,當到了休賽季,我必須再次的去跟他討 論現在球隊的狀況,剩餘的時間,怎麼維持彼此的關係跟關注聯盟的情況是他(GM)的工作 ,我的工作是上場打球。" 總結就是,勇士本來的目標是 PG可以以保留資產的情況下從快艇那邊拿到,然後All in Lauri=組成一個爭冠對五 但前者失敗後,總管認為現在梭哈沒意義,縮了也不能爭冠 Curry也暫時可以理解並且願意等待機會,然後他一年會跳下來跟總管談論球隊的情況 3次 新年 交易大限 休賽季,剩下的時間要怎麼維持球員的關係跟聯盟情況的變動如何是總 管的工作 然後這訪問最奇怪的就是交易沒達成是Green跑出來說的XD -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc), 來自: 1.162.141.2 (臺灣) ※ 文章網址: https://www.ptt.cc/bbs/NBA/M.1729612623.A.CB0.html